Oakville Hockey Club (OHC)
Coaches Code of Conduct
It is the intention of this pledge to promote fair play and respect for all participants within the Oakville Hockey Club. As a coach for Oakville Hockey Club, I will strive to observe the principles of the Coaches Code of Conduct.
1. I will teach my athletes to play fairly and to respect the rules, officials, our opponents and teammates.
2. I will ensure all athletes receive proper instruction, discipline, support and appropriate playing time.
3. I will not ridicule or embarrass my athletes for making mistakes or for performing poorly. I will remember that students play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
4. I will remember that players need a coach they can respect. I will be generous with praise and set a good example.
5. I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching skills. It is my responsibility to make sure my CEP requirements are up to date. I will keep the board updated on my certifications.
I agree to abide by the principles of the COACHES CODE OF CONDUCT.
I also agree to abide by the rules, regulations and decisions as set by the USA Hockey, Midstates Club Hockey Association, and Oakville Hockey Club.
Any violation of the above will result in review by the board with the possibility of suspension or termination of coaching duties.