Oakville Hockey Club Fundraiser
NFL Football Survivor Pool
Hello fellow Tigers!!!
It is that time of year again!!! No – not hockey, FOOTBALL!!!!!
Back by popular demand, we are going to be offering the 2017-2018 edition of the Oakville Hockey NFL Survivor Pool!! This is a great fundraiser for the club and is a fun opportunity to actually get some of that fee money back!! What will make this great for everyone is for all of us to SHARE this with your family, friends, coworkers and anyone else who enjoys the NFL and can feel better knowing their contest entry (and buy back in?) fees are going to the top high school hockey program in the area!! If you are new to doing this, it is really easy to get set up. If are a returning player, it is even easier!
Here is how it works:
Step#1: The pool will reside on the “Run Your Pool” website.
The Pool Name is “Oakville Hockey”
The Pool ID is 62340
The Pool Password is ohc2016
Step #2: Click on this "Run Your Pool" link to access the pool website.
Step #3: If not already included, enter the Pool ID (62340)
Step #4: Type in the Pool password – ohc2016
Step #5: Click “Submit”
Step #6: If you are a RETURNING Player select “I already have an EXISTING username and password”, enter your user name and password and click “Continue”
Step #7: If you are a NEW Player select “I would like to create a NEW username and password and… well, you know the drill. Name, email, username, password….
Step #8: Select the number of entries (you can adjust this later but putting in more entries increases your weekly NFL fun AND your chances for the big payout at the end.
Step #9: Choose your display name – This will be your name (or alias) to represent you in the pool. If you have more than one entry you can rename them individually later.
Join the Pool!
Here are the rules and particulars (including that wonderful buy back in “mulligan” option we are offering this year.
- Pool start date is Week 1 (weekend of 9/10 – 1st game on Thursday 9/7)
- This pool is a “survivor pool”
- Pick one team to "WIN" each week. If you win, you “survive” and move on to the next week. If you lose, you are eliminated.
- You can only pick a team ONE TIME during the season
- There will be no automatic picks made. Members not entering a pick will be eliminated.
- NFL Tie Games will be treated as "WIN"
- Picks must be in by the weekly deadline - before the first game each Sunday. Early games must be picked before they start.
NEW THIS YEAR:
This year we are allowing each entry a "Mulligan" if you lose in the first three weeks and want to keep playing. To do so the following rules apply:
- If you are eliminated in weeks 1, 2 or 3, you can buy back in. See below for cost.
- An entry can only buy back once. For example, if you lose in Week 1 and buy back in Week 2 and lose that pick, your entry is eliminated.
- You can only buy back the week following elimination and we must be notified by the following Thursday in order to reactivate your entry.
- The buy-back “Mulligan” fee must be received prior to that week's game.
50/50 Payout: 50% of the money raised will go back to the Oakville Hockey Club and 50% will be paid out to the winner. In case of a tie, the winners will split only 50% of the money raised.
The cost to join is $20 per entry. ($21.00 if paying through PayPal).
Multiple entries are allowed.
The cost for a Mulligan is $20.
Payment is due by the first game - Sunday 9/10 @ 12:00 pm. If you want to pick the Thursday night game, payment is due by 9/7 @ 7:30 pm.
Two ways to pay:
Mail check to PO Box 510093, St. Louis MO 63151
Click on PayPal Link: (you will need to have a paypal account) -
If you have any questions, please reply to this email or contact our pool administrator Tim Ferguson at
GOOD LUCK AND GO TIGERS!!!!
If you are interested in joining the pool, please follow these steps:
1. Go to http://www.runyourpool.com/join/index.cfm?id=62340
2. In the Join Password box, enter 'ohc2016' (without the single quotes)
3. Fill out the form information, including a personal username and password.
4. Make your picks and log back in to see the results and standings.
It's that easy. If you have any questions, let me know.